10 Must-Have WordPress Plugins in 2020
WordPress is a widely used Content Management System globally. Automattic launched WordPress in 2001 and with almost 76 Million users around the world WordPress is the absolute leader in its space of Content Management Systems. There are a lot of other CMSs as well in the market nowadays but WordPress still leads. WordPress comes in two ways i.e. wordpress.com & wordpress.org. WordPress.com is a fully hosted platform and does not need any installation. On the other hand, wordpress.org is a self-hosted platform that requires the wizard-based installation and hosting payment as well. Let's get over with the introduction and come to our main discussion point. If you have already subscribed for wordpress.org, hosted WordPress on a server (e.g. bluehost.com) and ready to launch a new website then I am sharing 10 must-have WordPress plugins in 2020 that could be a lifesaver if you are run away from the coding. Just for the sake of knowledge, WordPress uses PHP language.
1. Yoast SEO - This is the most important plugin because if you are creating a website you would like it to rank on Google and other search engines as well. So Yoast is the best to optimize your content and website in the way Google Search Engine understands and knows what your website is all about.
2. Askimet - Rather than going through your subscriber’s list and finding out spammers out of the database, you should be spending more time on other things to have your business growing. So Askimet helps you with that, let Askimet check your comments and form submissions against their vast database to prevent spammers to publish malicious content on your website. It checks and filters the comments which are or look like spam comments.
3. Contact Form 7 - Let people reach out to you. Contact form 7 is a widely used form plugin in WordPress. Just grab the shortcode and use it wherever you want it to use on the website. You can create multiple forms and use them according to the requirement.
4. Visual Editor (Elementor) - There are many visual editors like WP Bakery but Elementor is my favorite and it works well with almost any theme in WordPress. Unless you don't want to make changes in the CSS of the elements then you won't need Pro version of this. Its free version gives you a lot of bells and whistles which are more than enough to have a great looking website.
5. Duplicate Post - Got to clone a page or a post and you can't see any option to do that. Use Duplicate Post plugin for WordPress and get a clone option on the hover of a mouse. To clone a page or a post in WordPress just hover your mouse on the page or post and just hit the duplicate button.
6. Email Subscriber & Newsletter - Do you wonder how to send automated emails to your newsletter subscribers? Email Subscribers is a robust newsletter plugin that lets you collect leads, send automated new blog post notification emails, create & send broadcasts and also manage them all in one single place.
7. WP Super Cache - You want to have your pages load faster than usual then this is the plugin that you should be using in your WordPress website. WP-Cache generates static HTML files from your dynamic WordPress blogs. Cache version is displayed when a user visits the website.
8. Wordfence Security - Firewall & Malware Scan - This plugin works as a firewall and scanner for a WordPress Website. It keeps malicious and phishing traffic away and keeps scanning the login attempts and blocking suspected IPs in real-time.
9. Pop Up Maker - Got an announcement to be made or want to collect a lead when it's intending to leave the website. The pop-up-maker does all these in just a few clicks. This is incredibly easy to set up and a lot of training videos are provided free of cost by the developer only. Some of the basic applications of this plugin are: Slide Out Popups, Banner Bars, Floating Sticky Popups, Notification Popups, Loading Screen Popups, Video Lightboxes, and Opt-In Form Popups.
10. WooCommerce - This plugin is for the people who are creating an online store like amazon.com. This plugin comes with all bells and whistles required to have an amazing online store. Some of the functionalities are Product, Cart, Checkout, Account, Secured Payment, Shipping, Integration with social media accounts and many more.
WooCommerce can be customized & extended to a limitless happening store:
Design that suits the best to your store.
Enhance your store with free and paid extensions: add features and integrate with local and global eCommerce web services.
Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
Leverage hooks and filters to modify functions.
Build on top of the REST API and webhooks.
You have got any questions, check out our website and feel free to talk to us.